Mamma Mia! The BHS Playhouse Returns

Baldwin Website

Cast of Mamma Mia

With a live audience for all four shows, the Baldwin High School Playhouse returns with their production of Mamma Mia!, a musical in Greece where a girl named Sophie tries to discover which of 3 candidates is her dad before she gets married. The leads in Mamma Mia! were sophomore Christina Tephly as Sophie, senior Jaylynn Valentin as Donna, senior Camryn Lyttleton as Tanya, senior Mikayla Keryc as Rosie, freshman Brandon Firth as Sky, junior Cornelius Johnson as Sam, sophomore David Orlep as Henry, and freshman David Kreutz as Bill. This is the first musical the school has had a live audience for since their 2019 production of Guys and Dolls, so it is truly an accomplishment for our students and they’re elated to be back. The Cast, Stage Krough, Pit, and Production Staff worked long hours into the night since September to produce the show and make it the best it can be. The set of white and orange Greek homes, a dock, and plenty of vibrant colors immersed the audience in an intriguing story along with the exceptional singing and dancing talent of our cast. The show ran on November 17 at 4:00 pm, November 18 at 7:30 pm, and November 19 at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm. With music from Swedish band ABBA, the musical proved to be an unforgettable hit with students and the Baldwin community, selling most of the available seats for each show. This is also the last musical for our class of 2023, so it was a phenomenal way for our seniors in Cast, Krough, and Pit to close out the fall. See some of the musical’s highlights and hear our wonderful performers sing on the Baldwin Website!

Stage Krough (Baldwin Website)