Breaking News
  • The 2nd annual Prom Dress & Suit Giveaway will be held on Saturday, April 27th from 10-2pm
  • Congratulations to the Boy's Varsity Tennis Team for their win against East Meadow 6-1
  • AP Exam Payments due on May 3rd
  • Pre-Prom meeting on Wednesday, April 17th at 7pm
  • Come to Baldwin High School's Culture Fest on May 20 at 3:30 PM

The Golden Wave

The Student News Site of Baldwin High School

52° Baldwin

The Golden Wave

The Golden Wave

Five Nights At Freddy’s Mania

Five Nights At Freddys Poster
Official Movie Poster
Five Nights At Freddy’s Poster

The Five nights at Freddy’s movie also known as FNAF by Scott Cawthon has taken the world by storm. According to Vanity Fair, it’s one of the top grossing horror films of the year. The FNAF franchise has already gained a huge fan base since the first game’s release in 2014 and the movie has surpassed the expectations of many. As of right now, the movie has earned more than $116 million domestically and nearly $221 million worldwide. It focuses on a troubled security guard working the night shift at Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria and is based off of the 28 books written by Scott Cawthon and Kira Breed Wrisley. The fanbase is the main audience of this huge movie. Even Matthew Lillard, the actor of main antagonist in the film, William Afton, stated the movie was “built for the fans.” The movie has had a very good public reception and the fans have loved it so far.
The FNAF franchise has had many game entries that have all been hits. This is due to the FNAF fandoms prevalent internet presence. Very popular youtubers like Markiplier, MatPat and CoryxKenshin have covered the games. Some of these youtubers have even made appearances in the film. The movie has birthed a large number of internet memes as well. This movie shows how films can be successful by just catering to their audience instead of trying to cater to everyone. It was definitely a fun film that I 100% recommend.