Breaking News
  • The 2nd annual Prom Dress & Suit Giveaway will be held on Saturday, April 27th from 10-2pm
  • Congratulations to the Boy's Varsity Tennis Team for their win against East Meadow 6-1
  • AP Exam Payments due on May 3rd
  • Pre-Prom meeting on Wednesday, April 17th at 7pm
  • Come to Baldwin High School's Culture Fest on May 20 at 3:30 PM

The Golden Wave

The Student News Site of Baldwin High School

51° Baldwin

The Golden Wave

The Golden Wave

New Club Alert: BHS Film Club

Stock Photography
New Film Club watches and critiques The Twilight Zone as first Project

Baldwin High Schools Film Club has a new approach to filmmaking.

With the first meeting assembling 20 eager film-makers, this club shows promise for the future of the film
industry.

Started by Nia Green and Lilee Roberts, their goal is to get students engaged with the film world and give them a new perspective on creating and viewing movies.

“Many students have tried to create a film club in the past,” the advisor Mr. Leis said. “Nia and Lilee are the only ones who have gone through with it.”

So far the students have watched and critiqued two episodes of the Twilight Zone, a classic tv show started in 1959.

The club plans on creating a piece for the Lotus Valley Film Festival in March, a local film festival held in Long Islanders for students to compete in annually. Leis has led many groups to first place in the past.

“I want other students to love film as much as I do” the co-president Nia Green says. “Film is a fun and beautiful thing.”

For students who would like to join this new club, see Mr. Leis in the Technology Department